Friday, June 10, 2011

weekend

Josh left yesterday to fly back to Baton Rouge for the weekend. He is doing Anna & Drew's wedding which will be so wonderful. I hate that I am missing it. The kids and I stayed here and I was nervous the last few weeks thinking about being here without Josh. But over this past week God gave me a real peace about it which I know came through prayer (thanks to many of you who prayed for me about it!) Last night was fine- I actually slept through the night without waking up at all which is rare these days. Josh got safely to BR and hopefully will get to see some of you over the weekend. The interns, kids and I are invited Saturday/Sunday to spend the day and night at Melissa's family's house that they rent out. There is a pool close by and hopefully we will eat some yummy Mexican food. And I'm craving gelato- maybe I will ask if there is a place near the house? One of Ben's friends and his siblings are going back home to their parents at the end of the month. I'm not sure how long they've been at the orphanage- maybe 5 or so years? Most of the orphans at Casa Hogar have living parents, but they are either too poor, were abusive, in jail, or living on the streets and can't take care of the children. In this these siblings' case, their dad went to jail for a drug situation and their mom couldn't afford to care for them. Now the dad is out of jail, so the kids get to go back home. Unless it is an abusive situation, most children are usually excited about going home. As we get to know these children, we learn some of their stories of how they got to Casa Hogar. Some are so sad that it just makes us want to love on these children all the more. I am so thankful for Casa Hogar, and the safe haven that it is for children who need a home. And not just any home- a home where they are loved, cared for, and taught God's love through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you for your prayers. Please pray for Casa Hogar that God will provide the funds needed to care for all of these children. Also pray that He will work in their hearts so they experience the transformation of the gospel and know God's love that will neither leave them nor forsake them.

Much Love,
Sara Parks

No comments: