Sunday, June 19, 2011

Josh Made It!

We are happy that Josh made it back to us on this Father's Day!! He brought back encouraging and wonderful remarks of Allison and Grant's wedding. While he was gone it rained a lot. We went to the beach after church today, and it rained off and on but everybody still had fun in the waves. I have to say that I have taken space for granted living in the US. When we are crammed in a hot bus driving around Acapulco, it is stretching for me personally. When I say crammed, I mean people sitting on top of one another and standing in the aisles filled to the max! I found myself looking around at all the kids who are used to being crammed in the bus to go to school and church. They are still happy and singing and laughing. They don't know any different. It convicted me quickly of my selfishness. Ben and I shared a seat with two sweet boys, Luis Angel & Santiago. The kids are so intrigued by our sensitive, white skin. They don't have to put on sunscreen, so they watch when we put it on. And if we get sunburned and start peeling, they like to look at it. We had some delicious soft tacos tonight and then just hung out. Our fifth intern, Rebecca, arrives this Wednesday. She actually interned here last summer and decided to come back for part of this summer. We look forward to meeting and working with her! Hope everyone is doing well out there wherever you are. We miss you and love you, Sara Parks & fam

No comments: