Sunday, June 12, 2011

Josh is back!

The kids and I were glad to get Josh back late this afternoon. He brought back wonderful reports of Drew & Anna's wedding! I loved hearing the details and am happy they are married and on their honeymoon!! The kids and I were well taken care of while Josh was gone. We played a long game of monopoly and hung out at the orphanage. Saturday, Melissa picked us and the interns up and headed to her family's rental house for us to stay for the day and night. On the way, guess what we got? Gelato! Yes, I got my wish, and it was delicious. I got the Bon Bon flavor which was chocolate and hazelnuts. Oh just writing it makes me want more. I have said since being here that one of the main things I've missed in the United States is frozen yogurt (specifically chocolate with roasted almonds on top). Gelato is even better. We spent the day swimming and relaxing and eating Mexican food. Melissa has been so gracious to provide us with fun places to go on our days off. Today we went to church and then rode back to the orphanage with the kids in their bus which is jammed packed and of course no air conditioning. Needless to say, the kids and I were so hot when we got back that none of us were even hungry for lunch. Dinner at the orphanage was tamales. Maybe they weren't as good as the ones we used to have in the Mississippi Delta, but I enjoyed mine AND Meg's. We start a new week! Hope everyone has a good one. love, Sara Parks

No comments: