Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend at Twin Lakes

Our family had a full weekend at Twin Lakes. Josh was the speaker for a Jr./Sr. high retreat called Against the Flow. He preached four times over the weekend and did a great job! The kids and I got to come along and play. Ben and Meg experienced "camp" life. They went canoing, hiking in the woods, going down the tall slide, etc. They have commented several times that they want to live there. Who wouldn't? It's a beautiful, peaceful setting. We spent time with old friends and made some new ones. It was a blessing for our family to be a part of this retreat.

2 comments:

natalie said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm excited about your move. I have a good friend that lives in BR. We've been trying to plan a date for me to visit, but it hasn't worked out yet. Looks like y'all will be there by the time I come.

Glory Girls said...

Hi Sara Parks~
I am not sure if this is even the same Sara Parks that I knew in Starkville ~ this is Kimberly Saxon Bingham~ I e-mail with Emily Eshee a good bit~also not sure which Twin Lakes you are referring to, but if it is in Michigan I was a counselor there in 1998.If this is you~ feel free to e-mail me at kimstarkville@yahoo.com